Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Altec A-5

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Altec A-5

    What Cinema sound contractors would like to buy are brand new Altec A-5 for 3K$ max.
    The whopping 6K$ A-7 is way out of sink with the other products of the same category.

    If GPA would put an add for a brand new A-5 on their site they would probably go fast.

    ..............

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Altec A-5


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Altec A-5

    For all intents and purposes the $6K A7 does not exist.

    They never wanted to sell them.

    They were just trying to PROVE they really were Altec.

    They brought out a few decent speakers, I think management thought they would turn a profit instantly. When they didn't, they shut down the Pro Division.

    They are NOT Altec, and never will be. They have no clue about Pro Sound.

    Please note...I have no intent to disparage the few REAL Altec employees they hired. My issues are with Barkomatic.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec A-5

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    Please note...I have no intent to disparage the few REAL Altec employees they hired. My issues are with Barkomatic.
    I had no idea they hired any real Altec people.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Altec A-5

    The A-7 model is still there.

    Altec Lansing > HOME AUDIO > Home Audio Systems > A7

    ..........................

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Altec A-5


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Altec A-5

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    I had no idea they hired any real Altec people.
    I think it was two...one management and one tech guy...somebody else correct me if they know better....
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec A-5

    One of 'em is a member here.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Altec A-5

    Maybe I'll start a new thread on the A part of the Cinema sound.
    Sound heads.
    Processors.
    Amps.
    How is sound printed on a film.
    When was stereo sound introduced.
    When was 3 Chanel and surround introduced.

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Altec A-5


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Altec A-5

    Quote Originally Posted by LICORNE View Post
    The A-7 model is still there.

    Altec Lansing > HOME AUDIO > Home Audio Systems > A7

    ..........................

    I know that.

    I also know about how many they have sold.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member robertbartsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2009
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec A-5

    I assume they would need to compete against the other Lansing cinema stuff that is very good and is quite reasonably priced.

    I've always liked the bass horn cabs but today they are too expensive for manufacturors to build and ship, I suppose.

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Altec A-5

    If say AMC ordered 1000 A-5 then it could be done in the same price range.The A-6 radiator is according to sound contractors better than the JBL 4675-C. On a 3 unit order you'd still come close to the JBL price.

    .................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.